Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lilac Princess

Hello! I have been following the Project Run and Play blog for a while now, and I finally decided to join the fun. This week they were having a pattern remix for a fun dress called the Spring Fever Dress from Jessica at Me Sew Crazy. Fortunately for me, my daughter needed a pretty Easter dress, and I had some fabric laying around that I knew would be perfect.

When I think of spring, I always remember the huge lilac bush in front of my parents home in bloom.  It always had giant, purple blossoms with a fresh, light fragrance that always brought a smile to my face as a child. So for my little girl's dress, I wanted it to look like a lilac blossom. I already had the dark purple fabric in my fabric collection, so I just had to purchase the light lilac-colored fabric and the buttons before I could start.

The main changes I made to the original pattern were taking off the sleeves, leaving the back as one piece, adding a sash, alternating ruffle colors, and adding a pleat to the front. So once I had some ideas I got to work, and this is what I came up with!

Here is a picture of the dress before it was finished. It is the only in-progress picture I have because my camera batteries died, and I didn't have any extras on hand.


When it was finished, I had a very happy little recipient!



Here is a closeup of the skirt.


And here is the back of the dress.




Here is a close-up of the back. I just love those buttons, they are like plastic diamonds. My sweetie feels the same, she can't keep her hands off of them!

 
 This picture doesn't show off the dress very well, but I just had to include it. I love her big blue eyes!


I had a lot of fun making this dress, and I'm excited to actually have her Easter dress made 3 1/2 weeks before Easter Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie!
    I love both, princess dress (the colours are amazing)and model!
    MammaNene from

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like the little pleat you added at the neckline. ~Major Moma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I didn't mean to delete your comment! You are right, this is my first blog post, and I am still trying to figure everything out! (Like how to reply to a comment) :)

      Delete
  4. Love the alternating ruffles! Those eyes really are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete